Friday, February 5, 2010

How do you remove the dried spray from a skunk from your vehicles paint?

My trucks side was sprayed by a skunk last night while it was parked in the driveway. Does anyone know how to remove it? Normal household cleaners don't seem to touch it. Neither does gasoline or other solvents I tried.How do you remove the dried spray from a skunk from your vehicles paint?
Try a product called ';Natures Miracle'; It's used to get skunk smell out of pets fur (works OK, not great) but it might just do the job. It has enzymes in it that eat the oily skunk spray. I use it to wash my hands after cleaning fish and it works great.How do you remove the dried spray from a skunk from your vehicles paint?
I found a half full can of Bug and Tar remover in my garage, poured a small amount onto a soft scrub sponge and gently rubbed it in and rinsed. To my amazement, it was gone. I had tried soft scrub cleanser, dish soap, bleach, gasoline, rubbing alchohol, ect.,ect., ect. Thanks for your suggestions.

Report Abuse



Try this concoction. I've never had to use it, but I'm told it works well. And it should be cheap to make a batch.





1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide


1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)


1 teaspoon liquid soap or dish detergent ..

No comments:

Post a Comment