Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh no help! my dog rolled in skunk spray ..?

she smells so bad!! what can I do ..Oh no help! my dog rolled in skunk spray ..?
yikessss,


i know your pain. when my dog did that nothing worked for us for complete relief. i did use tomato soup and an oatmeal bath. but everything will smell like skunk. your house, clothes, i mean everything. the best thing i found yet is Recipe #1:


1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide


1/4 cup Baking Soda


1 teaspoon liquid soap


Mix in a bucket (it will fizz).


Soak your dog's fur, but be careful not to get any in his eyes.


Use a sponge to clean off his head and around his eyes.


Knead solution into the fur and be sure to get every part of him with it.


Rinse thoroughly.





i would wash my clothes in this tooOh no help! my dog rolled in skunk spray ..?
thanks for the best answer did the recipe work

Report Abuse



This is the only the only remedy to treat the smell of skunk. Just fill a tub or pool filled with some tomatoe juice and bathe your dog, you dog probably won't mind cause he might drink the juice. But this will get the smell right off. then you give him a bath with normal soap to get the tomato smell of him if you don't like the smell of tomatoes.





But sometimes this doesn't work so try this recipe I found out





1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide


1/4 a cup Baking Soda


1 tsp of some dish soap or any liqiud soap





If you mix it in a bucket it will foam and bubble, I advise you use a big bucket, then wash away








HOpe this helps





Bye
Tomato juice with just a little bit of Dawn detergent.
BATHE YOUR DOG IN TOMATOE JUICE, AND LOT'S OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, if u hav'nt given yr dog a bath this month, give her a bath. Your only spose 2 give them baths once a month. My dog rolles in snails. i just spray cologne on him. cause if u give him a bath more then once a month, their skin might dry out.
I have never had any luck using tomato juice to get rid of skunk smell...it has just made a bigger mess..yuck...id go with princess's idea or if you have a big bottle of vinegar handy use that , the acid in it neutralizes the skunk smell alot better then tomato juice,nothing is going to get rid of it completely the first time though, skunk scent is oil based. maybe do the vinegar and then dawn dish washing liquid





good luck
Tomato juice.......... I know the feeling sis, my goldens love chasing the lil things
Bathe your dog in tomato juice.
I've heard bathing in tomato juice will help. That's not definite, though, so don't take my word for sure--wait for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment