Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My dog got sprayed my a skunk and...?

My mom doesn't want him in the house (he is an inside dog) so he is in the backyard barking! I gave him the dog treats that are supposed to calm the dog and 2 or 3 benedryls but he is barking and we have crazy neighbors that might shoot him. I live in a small town so it's not uncommon to hear about dogs getting shot. Wait, he stopped... maybe that benedryl worked! Well, if he still stinks tomorrow, do you know anything else to make him go to sleep if the benedryl doesn't work? Whoo! He stopped barking! I hope he isn't dead... I didn't hear any gunshots.My dog got sprayed my a skunk and...?
Give him a bath tomorrow in 1 quart of 3% peroxide mixed with 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 teaspoon liquid soap (like dish soap). Then rinse him really well. It should take care of the smell so he can come back inside.My dog got sprayed my a skunk and...?
if it is common for dogs to get shot in your town i wouldn't leave the dog outside. i would fall apart if my dog got shot. maybe try keeping him in the garage so nothing happens to him
bathe him in tomato juice/paste
I hope you didn't overdose him! That's alot of benedryl for a dog. Why would you give him benedryl because he got sprayed by a skunk, they aren't tranquilizers.


You need to bathe him as soon as possible to get the spray off him. The longer you leave it on the more gets absorbed into his skin. You can try the tomato juice, Dawn dishwashing liquid, or they do make shampoos for this kinda thing. Just take care of the problem, he did what comes naturally %26amp; you're treating him like he's a leper.
Bathe the dog in tomato juice, it will cut the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment