Friday, February 12, 2010

Does bathing in tomato juice remove the smell of a skunk?

No it just makes you smell like a giant skunk flavored tomato.





Love and blessings DonDoes bathing in tomato juice remove the smell of a skunk?
I guess I'll see in a minuteDoes bathing in tomato juice remove the smell of a skunk?
No, but is does give your skin a healthy red glow after about an hour of soaking in it.
Nope
I have no idea why you are asking this in R%26amp;S, but I will answer you anyway.


No, from my experience, it DOES NOT!


My dog got ';skunked'; and I tried tomato juice, and it didn't work. I even did it a few times, and it didn't work. So, I don't know where people get that from, but, I had to use an enormous amount of ';smell goods'; to even get close to him. Then, It just had to kind of ';wear off'; of him. I left him outside alot during that time!!! Ahh! Fresh air does wonders!!





Wow. I just read a couple of answers, and they say vinegar, and Dawn. (2 things I didn't try!!) Live and learn!! Thanks for the tip, though! I'll remember that for next time.
Again, wrong section, but yes. I know from experience. A LOT of it. For A LONG time.
yes but white vinegar and water works better. My dogs have gotten skunked several times
I don't remember what the result was on Mythbusters. I'm guessing no. Wait, didn't they have a problem getting the skunk to spray them. I don't remember. It's been a long time since I saw that one.
No, you just end up smelling like an expensive French dish.
They sell stuff at pet store, but tomato does help in an emergency.
Anything acidic will help. Vinegar works. So does Dawn dish detergent. The skunk smell is an oil so anything that breaks down oils is what you should use.

No comments:

Post a Comment