Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I deter skunks from my back yard ?

The smell wakes me up during the night and lingers for hours inside and outside the houseHow do I deter skunks from my back yard ?
';Napthalene'; has been found to be an excellent skunk deterrent. (Napthalene is the by-product when coal and oil have been burned AND it's also the main ingredient found in moth balls) I'd recommend spreading some moth balls around the backyard of your home.





Moth balls also do a good job keeping squirrels and rabbits out of your garden.





GOOD LUCK!How do I deter skunks from my back yard ?
With a shovel
wet rags with diesel /heating oil (not too much) and place around your yard(under porch,shed etc..)where skunks may hide they dont like the smell(odd huh)








(this also works with stray cats and raccoons)
They are probably coming to your lawn to eat. They eat larvae of insects and earthworms. Put down a Grub Killer with Dylox. You put it down with you fert spreader, water it in heavily, and in 24 hr all the grubs will be dead. That should encourage the skunks to go elsewhere. Greenview makes a grub killer with dylox. Other manufacturers do too but I'm not sure which ones. Your local lawn %26amp; garden center should be able to help you with this.
they may be coming to your yard to eat.if your finding alot of little holes in your yard you may want to put something down that kills grubs,because they eat them.
They come looking for food





don't leave pet food outside.





don't leave meal scraps in unprotect cans.





take care of your lawn and flower beds to reduce insect grubs and mushrooms.





theres a air-freshener spray called ALIBI that actually will knock down the skunk smell in the air. [personal experience I bought this at the dollar store.]
  • can you still tan with sunburn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment