Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I think my dog was sprayed by a skunk?

i'm not sure though, he smells like really strong onions but all outside smells like a skunk. Was he sprayed by a skunk and what do I do now... he keeps rubbing his face all over the place!! Please help me!!!!!I think my dog was sprayed by a skunk?
~he's been sprayed no ? about it. bathe bathe bathe. If he is white and u use tomatoe juice he will be pink for a few days but the tomatoe juice helps a bit. He is rubbing his face cause he smells it too lol poor thing.I think my dog was sprayed by a skunk?
them sell of the skunk might smell diffrent on him because hes a dog n dogs have that doggy smell. he might have gotten it in his eyes so u need to clean him even though he stinks. Use tomato juice and soap my mom used tomato soup and soap on my cuzin when he got sprayed by a skunk a long time ago and it worked.
Tomato juice works well, but is messy. Or there is an odor neutralizing shampoo you can buy. I think it's called Skunk-Be-Gone, but it's been a real long time since I've had to use it so I can't remember the name for sure. It is in a red and white bottle with a picture of a skunk on it. It works well.
Whatever happened, it seems like your dog is experiencing discomfort. If you smell skunk outside and your dog smells funky too, chances are...he was sprayed by a skunk (or at least got close enough to where the spray penetrated his coat)





In the sourcebox I've posted a couple of links on how to deskunk a dog.
He may have just gotten into the spray and not actually gotten sprayed. You'd know if he was sprayed by a skunk. Try flushing his eyes and face with water. He may have gotten some of the spray in his eyes.
dude this Q is so freakin random but i like it. every one is talking about their pets siknesess and ur like [i think my dog was sprayed by a skunk] Lol yes lol big lol. i herd u should bath in tomato juice so try to bath ur dog in it.
Yep sounds like skunk to me. My German shepherd used to get sprayed all the time. Yuck. Anyway here is a website that has a good remedy: http://dan.drydog.com/patsyann/skunk.htm鈥?/a>
how long was the place smelled and if it is over 2-5 hours tops. try giving your dog a tomato bath. and for the furniture spray it with air freshener after you wash the dog. their is not that much more to do then that.
Got a skunk sparyed? I better think you should take him for a good shower. I am not sure that what kind of soap or any ingredient to cure this. Ask the vet for help or searh the web. Good Luck!
I had to use tomato juice and apple cider vinegar to get the smell off my dog...
wonder if tomato juice works for dogs like it work for humans ,when it comes removing skunk spray
Wash him in tomato juice it will neutralize the smell. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment