Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to extinguish the smell of skunk on clothes?

The skunk farted in my yard and polluted my clothes that were hung to dry. How to get rid of


the horrible smell of the skunk?How to extinguish the smell of skunk on clothes?
I saw on a movie once that you can soak them in tomato juice, but I think that would stain your clothes. I never tried it because, fortunately, I've never been sprayed by a skunk or had my clothes sprayed. Since the tomato juice would probably ruin your clothes, I suggest adding a cup of vinegar to your wash. GOOD LUCK!How to extinguish the smell of skunk on clothes?
Wash clothes with a strong soap, a heavy-duty laundry detergent, or borax. Be sure to follow any directions that are specific to washing a particular fabric.
Do what a normal person would do; donate them to Goodwill.
Fortunately, I can report there is a simple way to get rid of the smell. It's two simple steps:


1. soak the piece of cloathing in white spirit or 95% alcohol.


2. set it on fire.
First thing the skunk sprayed not farted,so if it sprayed directly on the laundry you have a greater concentration and it will take longer to get rid of but I am guessing not.First try soaking all your laundry in 20 mule team borax.Skunk is strong and it may take more than one soak.Also,adding baking soda to wash water helps.Febreze can also help if you notice a residue.These ideas have helped me in the past,hope they help you.Good luck.
FIRE ALWAYS WORKS GOOD, SOME PEOPLE BURY THEM, BUT A NICE HOT FIRE ALWAYS GETS RID OF THE SMELL
ur local vet should sell u skunk-off, it worked on my dog who took direct hit in face. something cheaper slightly less effective is a good soak in tomato juice, but then if laundry is white, go with skunk-off. DO NOT BURN UR CLOTHES, U CANT WEAR THEM AGAIN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment