Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do you get rid of skunk smell on a dog's head?

It needs to be safe near a dog's eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. So don't go telling me hydrogen peroxide with baking soda, as it's not safe around eyes. My 95 pound dog got sprayed full on in the face, and boy does he and my house reek!How do you get rid of skunk smell on a dog's head?
Take a squirt bottle with tomato juice and squirt his face i have had to do this with puppies who got to close to a skunk I been a dog breeder %26amp; trainer of Labardors for the blind for 13 years..I tried the vinegar and lemon and it worked. I filled the tub with water and vinegar put her in it then took my pan and rinsed her again and again, getting deep into her hair. Then I shampooed her with some real good shampoo that had baking soda in it. I poured the remaining vinegar on her and rinsed and dried her really well, then sprayed the lemon juice on her.How do you get rid of skunk smell on a dog's head?
There are many shampoos out there that get rid of the skunk smell... trust me...I've had to find them too!
Tomato juice. The acidity in it helps to neutralize the smell.
Yes, tomato juice is what we use too.
Oxiclean should do it. I think they had this exact scenario in one of their infomercials!
Tomato Juice is the answer!! I've worked in a Veterinary Clinic for 15 years, it is what we recommend!
tomato juice is supposed to work, put a few drops of mineral oil in his eyes to protect them (groomers do this before bathing a dog)


you could apply the juice with a washcloth, to minimize dripping
Try putting him in the bathtub and washing him with tomato juice.
Try tomato juice.
tomato juice bath the acid in the tomato nutralizes the skunk spray
According to Myth Busters use tomato juice!
water 50% and vinegar 50%
tomato juice is the best way I know how to get ride of shunk smell on dog an people I had it happen to my rottie once an it help the best out of anything else but you want to wash them first in some type of bath then alot of tomato juice. half a tub full should do it then wash off then wash them again in a bath then back in the juice then wash again an you will see the difference from then on out
';Skunk Off'; shampoo. I had to get it through the vet, but it works, and tomato juice doesn't.
Try tomato juice, I have heard that it works, but you have to do it twice. Also, pet supply stores have something called Skunk Out and it is supposed to work as well. Tomato juice may sting a little but wash out right away, it should not harm.
bath your dog in tomato juice
TOMATO JUICE,I LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment