Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get rid of or mask skunk smell from my house?

We apparently had a family of skunks (or at least one) living under the house and it smells ikky. It's permeating throught the house and I have a party on sunday. What could I use to mask the smell?How do I get rid of or mask skunk smell from my house?
I found some skunk-smell remover at the vet's. It's supposed to be for pets but it got the smell out of the furniture and the rugs too. Hope this helps you.How do I get rid of or mask skunk smell from my house?
I boil vinegar and water (mostly vinegar) on the stove. When the vinegar smell dissipates most of the skunk smell goes away. Since the steam won't reach all the places in my house I'll boil a pot, get a trivet and place the pot in a far away room. Spraying vinegar in the house also helps


I found that in a forum on the internet. Here is the link if you would like to see what other ideas they have. Hope it helps. Good luck





http://www.healingwell.com/community/def鈥?/a>
Oust spray! They have in unfragrance, and other fragrant smells.
throw a corpse under your house, the two smells combined will actually smell so bad that they will cancel each other out
tamato juice. put it in somthing u can spray it out of and layer it down there. then wash it all away with water from agarden hose
there are commercial deskunkers avialable from cleaning companies, such as service pro.
Maybe get the animal rangers out and get them out of the house and then hose under there? Ask the animal control people if they have a chemical that can take out skunky smell.
You can not cover it up. You need an exterminator, to remove the skunk, if you really do have a skunk under your house. Then you can eliminate any residual smell.
Open all the window and fan out the stink. You may need to try something else other then that as well, but don't spary way too much air freshener either. That'll just make it smell worse.
Get this product! It works!





http://www.odoban.com/





I am in no way associated with them. I just use their product and love it.
Since the available time is short, I recommend that you call some exterminators or animal control companies and find out if they can sell you some odor removal product.





If you look at the link below toward the bottom of the page, you'll see an article about odors from skunk with a link to this type of product. Since you don't have much time to shop, you'll have to get a professional on the phone who has some product that you can go and pick up.





http://www.bugspray.com/articles98/odor.鈥?/a>
I know this sounds really stupid but a couple weeks ago a buddy of mine had a skunk come inside and spray and he found that cooking the hell out of popcorn covered up the smell. I don't know how the hell he thought of it but the smell of burnt popcorn masked the smell pretty well. Other than that, I honestly have no clue. Good luck.
I've also heard of tomato juice, but since your party is soon, why don't you call the Animal Control Officer of your city/town and see if they have a solution.
My dog got toooo close to a skunk once, what a smell! We tried everything! My friend finally gave me a concoction that worked wonders, I even saved it in my recipe book! It automatically gets rid of the smell! You won't believe it! Here it is:





1 litre of peroxide


1 cup of baking soda


1 teaspoon of dish soap





You can scale the amounts down, depending on how much you need.
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment