Friday, February 5, 2010

How can I get rid of a skunk nest under the house i want to buy? The seller says no skunk under the house i?

know a skunk when i smell one.. I want to buy the house, but every time i go into the house i smell a skunk smell so bad. I looked all through the house, no skunk in the house. I figure it's under the house. The seller keeps telling me it not a skunk.. It's a old smell of a skunk that no longer lives under the house. What do I do to rid myself of this issue?How can I get rid of a skunk nest under the house i want to buy? The seller says no skunk under the house i?
Spread some Moth Balls around. Try to get them all over the area you suspect the Skunk to live. They hate that smell. you will get the Skunk to move to a different street. You do not want to KILL it it will smell worse dead than alive.How can I get rid of a skunk nest under the house i want to buy? The seller says no skunk under the house i?
I would ask your realtor to draw up an addendum to the purchase agreement stating that it is the Seller's responsibility to professionally find out what the smell is and where it is coming from. He is then responsible for getting rid of it. If he doesn't, then you can cancel the Purchase agreement or escrow a portion of his proceeds to do this yourself after the closing of your home. Good Luck!
whoa phat is right, spead mothballs around any opening leading 2 under the house.. skunks, snakes, possum and racoons will leave real soon..
Evidently the seller wants to get rid of the house badly so tell him you will buy it when he gets rid of the smell. Skunk smell doesn't last forever so I don't know why he is lieing to you. Sounds like he doesn't know how to get rid of the skunk and wants to put the problem in your hands.
Do you notice any place by the foundation where the skunk might be getting in?





Not sure if this is illegal in your area..Set up a box trap for the little stinker. It might spray the crap out of you when you go to haul it off to the woods, but atleast you would be rid of the skunk.





OR





Can you call pest management to take care of it for you???
My Oma asaid she knows a skunk when she smells one too....But it was marijuana....Hmmm..Something to think about.
get a trap.
lots and lots of FEBREEZE...

No comments:

Post a Comment