Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I help my dog get rid of skunk smell?

She is a Siberian Huskie, it has been a few weeks, she does not like a bath (she is a rescue dog) I am trying to be very careful with her. She was so proud to show me the dead baby skunk. It is okay with me brushing her, poor little thing, she is hot with all of that fur. I was wondering if brushing a bit of baking soda would be okay.How do I help my dog get rid of skunk smell?
1


Mix 4 c. hydrogen peroxide with 4 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. dish-washing soap.


Step


2


Put cotton balls in your pet's ears to protect the inner-ear tissue from the cleaning mixture, which could easily drip in.


Step


3


Don rubber gloves to protect your hands during this process.


Step


4


Start with your pet's head, taking care not to get the solution into his eyes, ears or mouth. Apply a drop of olive or baby oil to his eyes to prevent irritation.


Step


5


Rub the mixture evenly into your pet's coat. It will probably be more pleasant to do this outdoors.


Step


6


Rinse the coat with clean water.


Step


7


Repeat if the smell persists.





there u go hun ! good luck , well at least your dog doesnt have slices all over his butt like mine!





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>How do I help my dog get rid of skunk smell?
I have used hydrogen peroxide (the stuff in the brown bottle)


on my dog when he got sprayed by a skunk. It works better than tomato juice and is not so messy.
Give the dog a haircut and bathe it in tomato juice. Get as many people as it takes to get the dog into the tub.
If you can't bathe her yourself...maybe try taking her to a groomer (they should know how to remove the smell).
Put tomato juice on her
Put tomato juice on her. It should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment